The school offers some provision for young people between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm.
Many teachers run extra curricular clubs or activities. These have included:
- a number of school teams; football, athletics, rounders, netball, basketball, hockey as well as club activities such as badminton, tennis, trampolining and fitness
- Art Club
- Astronomy Club
- Chess Club
- Computer Club
- Dance Club including cheer leading and break dance
- Drama Club
- Environmental Pupil Working Party
- Gymnastics Club
- Maths Club
- Running Club
- Science Club
- School Orchestra
- Singing Group
- Sports Journalist Club
- Stained Glass Club
- Technology Clubs for Year 11 in: Textiles/Graphics/Systems Control/Resistant Materials/Food Study
Drama productions recently have included spectacular performances in the school’s Mill Theatre – of ‘ Blues Brothers’ (written by a member of staff), ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat’, ‘Hairspray’, ‘Fame’, ‘Blood Brothers’ and 'Our House'.
These are arranged during the year to support and supplement curriculum and learning experiences in school. They include exhibitions, museums and theatrical event as well as visits to historical sites. All pupils are encouraged to take advantage of these opportunities and we aim to put on a programme to suit all tastes and pockets.
The following are examples of recent and current opportunities:
Dudley Authority organises cruises every 2 years and Dormston is always well represented on these.
- a ski trip in Europe or the USA/Canada at Easter time (for beginners as well as accomplished skiers)
- Paris Art Trip
- New York Drama Trip
- Disneyland Paris
- Battlefields in Belgium
THE SCHOOL COUNCIL
The school council is a forum for pupils to air their views and effect change in the school. Meetings take place regularly and, as a result of pupil suggestions, we have held an anti-bullying campaign and the school garden has been designed and constructed.
Please see attached Guide for all after school activies.